Friday, December 24, 2010

DISCONNECTED...BY BLAKK PRYNCE

Can you hear me now?
My heart calls out to you long distance
with persistance I'm blowin you up.
Showin you love in the form of empty words
and broken promises.
My hearts not in it
Are we finished?
Somebody tell the operator
I've been disconnected.
Or maybe you didnt pay the bill.
I give you my all and still Im stuck
Talking to your voicemail.
I just dont feel it.
Maybe I should switch providers
In order to take us higher
Or maybe if  I upgrade my plan
That will inspire you
To ignite the fire that burnt out
A long time ago.
Message g-135
The subscriber you are trying to reach
Does not love you.
Nightmares come true
When time is invested
And common sense suggested
You hang it up and try later.
This is a fraction of a relationship
And you are the common denominator.
Maybe you don't have signal
But a simple text saying that
You can connect with me during times other
Than sex and to make things more complex
You took me out your fab five.
Why try?
I dont want to be finished but
I'm bout to run out of minutes
And I cant keep trying to reach out and touch somebody
when that somebody is unavailable at the present moment.
This is the bed we made
And I feel like my love is prepaid
When I thought I had the premium plan.
Some things I cant get
So after this last attempt
I leave you with this
CLICK.

1 comment:

  1. interesting. like the whole theme of it. on point and creavtive - kady

    ReplyDelete